Saturday, January 16, 2010

The Facebook Stalker Manifesto.

It’s funny how these social networking sites, like Facebook, are supposed to help people keep in touch. I am not one of those people. I admittedly have a Facebook, but it helps me less with keeping in touch with people and more with stalking them.

This becomes problematic when the people I’m stalking know I’m stalking them. With new applications like “Profile Watcher”, anybody with a Facebook can find out who is looking at their profile. Is this information correct? Who knows, all I know is it makes me worried that people may know I’m looking at their profile or through their endlessly boring photo albums.

Or does it, really? I can’t say I’m really worried, because first of all not everyone adds these applications. Secondly, what do I care if my classmates from high school know how many times I go on their profile or through their pictures?

Finally, and most importantly, I actually do wonder what the people I stalk think. The people in non-question are people I do not see on a daily basis; the people in question are the people I do.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha. you can stalk my page if necessary... i dont think people care.. it's becoming an accepted act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Frank, I'll keep that in mind next time I feel the need to stalk someone :)

    ReplyDelete