Saturday, October 24, 2009

I shared a Woodpecker cider with a local fratricider.

I gave Blueberry Boat a listen today; it was sprawling and epic. The lyrical complexity has been compared to Joyce's wordplay and rightfully so. The Fiery Furnaces have created a whimsical concept album that I cannot wait to listen to again and again. I don't believe it will suit all my moods, though.

The Signature Theater Company is reviving Angels in America next year, according to NY Times: click here for the article. To say I'm excited would be an understatement. Ever since I saw the mini-series in December of 2003 when it aired on HBO I've desperately wanted to see it in the theater. HBO has recently starting running the series again, and also has put them OnDemand. I own the DVD, so it's not that big of a deal for me but my interest was renewed after I caught a segment of it a few days ago. Tickets are only $20, and it's set to premiere late fall or early winter; looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment